Monday, April 6, 2009

Did someone say Tranquilo?




Today was a day of celebration, as it was my buddy Ronnie's 31st birthday, as well as a day of goodbyes, as I attended my last aerobics class with Mario at ZonaFitness - the gym I've be "diligent" to attend since being in Costa Rica.
After class today, some of us regrouped at the Garcia household to host an impromptu surprise party for Ronnie. It was a tranquilo environment of fellowship, laughter and rambunctious youngin's. After cake and ice cream we just enjoyed each others presence for the rest of the afternoon. I especially enjoyed playing with the Garcia kids (who's pictures I am shamelessly posting up and down my blog!), and we all got a big kick out of Ruthie (just one year old) after she got into the cake on her own!

After the party, Kathleen and Stephanie and I went to the gym for our last class with Mario. I am still surprised at all of the random places I have found friends here. Mario and I exchanged emails so that if I ever get back to Costa Rica, I can come to class again :) The guy has been teaching dance/aerobics for 25 years, and his class has been one of the highlights of each week. Most of you know how much I appreciate Randomness, and these random relationships are what made me fall in love with Costa Rica. I am definitely hoping for the chance to return and visit these lovely people again in the future, and hopefully at that point my Spanish will be flawless :)

No comments: