Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cafecito



Everytime I go and visit another culture for an extended period of time, I find that each has its own daily norms that I fall in love with. In Costa Rica, its cafecitos. Everyday during late afternoon (approx. 5:00ish) my host mom will knock on my bedroom door, or come find me in the backyard to offer me the most amazing and savory cup of coffee. Delish. Yum. If only you could smell the delightful fragrance under my nose at this very moment. Yes, I do believe this is the daily practice of choice to add to my collection of "Things I appreciate about varying Latin Cultures", as well as my collection of "Things I appreciate about varying Latin Cultures that I hope to bring home and instate in my own home and daily life".

The Area conference ended well yesterday, and all of the missionaries preceded to return to their countries of service. I am thankful to be back in San Jose and have the peaceful solitude my room allows. There was so much information and spiritual meat during the week, and I will be spending the coming days chewing on it, as well as playing catch-up for the week of school I missed. I am thankful that I was given the opportunity to attend the conference, and to finally meet my future team. (The above picture is of the Church Planting Team.) I am looking forward to being in communication with them and learning more about the coming ministry in Tarma.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BKerr, I'm glad you had the opportunity to attend the conference. I hope it was good for you to meet other Latin America missionaries and get to know them. That's a great picture of you all, thanks for posting that. Keep enjoying life in Costa Rica. God Bless you!

Brian