Wednesday, June 10, 2009

We have a vision!

After about three weeks of discussing and thinking, we (the Tarma team) have finally come up with a vision of ministry, or our vision statement of sorts! Here it is:

Glorificar a dios sembrando cogregaciones que multiplican vidas transformadas en Cristo, en Tarma y sus alrededores.

Oh, I'm sorry did ya'll want that in English? I'll try again:

To glorify God in planting congregations in and around Tarma that multiply transformed lives in Christ.

This is a big step in our team planning as we have not been able to move on to method of ministry since we had no end goal defined. I have been praying for the last several weeks that we would be able to come to a unified vision, and that I would personally be at peace with our end result. Praise God that we have and that I am! I'm looking forward to moving on to developing our plan of ministry in the next several weeks, as we continue in our daily responsibilities. Another 24hour trip to Tarma is planned in two weeks and we are continuing to visit the churches of the ADIEL presenting our ministry and the financial needs of our Peruvian missionaries. It's looking like we won't be able to make the big move to Tarma until the beginning of August, which is actually better for everyone considering all that is left to be done between now and then.

In other news, I have met a young woman named Cristina that I am going to start meeting with to practice Spanish with. While my tutor, Giovanna, will help me with grammar and pronunciation, Cristina will provide a relaxed environment to develop my conversation skills. The coolest thing about this is that this is the daughter of the woman who hosted Meredith (my roommate and teammate) when she studied abroad here in college. Cristina was 2 years old when Meredith was here as a student, and now she is in college herself and is studying English. The point is to help each other practice, but of course I'm hoping for some more relational growth as well. I'll be meeting up with her for the first time tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I'll come home with my first Peruvian friend my own age!

No comments: