Saturday, June 6, 2009

Preparing for Presenting

Acts 1:8 is the passage I chose to give a 30-40min. presentation in Spanish to a group of 10-12 year-olds about missions. I found out three days ago that I was giving this presentation, and had been assigned what I believe to be a difficult age group. I am not a gifted Sunday school teacher, and while 4 year-olds will think you are amazing whatever you say, 12 year-olds are old enough to decide if they want to listen to you or not. So it could get interesting!
I've decided to focus my time on encouraging the kids that "¡Sí, se puede ser misioneros en su propio hogar! or, Yes, you can be a missionary in your own hometown! I want to encourage these kids that the way Christ instructed the New Testament believers to be testimonies first in Jerusalem, then in Judea and Samaria, and finally to the ends of the earth is an applicable concept today. That they, at ages 10, 11 and 12 can be official missionaries in their neighborhoods, schools, provinces, cities and countries. While I do enjoy a chance to teach, kids make me a little more nervous than adults - not entirely sure why. So tomorrow I will attempt to work my way through this topic in Spanish and pray that these kids come away with something other than that they had a strange girl speaking strange Spanish in their Sunday school class that day.

1 comment:

Cathi said...

Praying for you girl!