Monday, June 15, 2009

Adoration

They say that you learn something new every day.
Despite my doubt, it is amazing to me that it is possible to think you understand something, then in a single moment realize you’ve been completely wrong.
Adoration. The object of worshipping God. Worship. The object of glorifying God. Glorification. The object of adoration. So then, what exactly is adoration?
I thought I understood what it meant to worship God, I have of course, been doing this since I was a small girl. Last week I experienced that “single moment” where I realize that my entire understanding of what it is to adore the Lord has been so wrong. Adoration is rendering one’s self, it is a way of living, it is a response. In order to worship God you have to know something of God, you have to know him. God reveals things to us, he reveals himself. Adoration is the recognition of his revelation and our response to it. Adoration is not 20 min. of praise music on a Sunday morning; it is 20 years of acknowledging who God is and what he has spoken. It is a life of recognizing that the Lord is everything he says he is. It is a response to what he has chosen to reveal.
I thought I understood what it meant to worship God, I have of course, been doing this since I was a small girl . . . I thought I understood . . .

1 comment:

katelyn said...

So. I'm at work which means I can't read through your posts just yet. But I did want to tell you this:

I used to think about what my life would be like without you in it. and to my surprise...

I think it's pretty sad.

:)

How are you?

Love, Katelyn O.