Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back to Work!


Well, New Year’s has come and gone and the year has gotten off to a good start in my opinion. I’m back in Tarma again, which feels good. Christmas was lovely, spent with one of the missionary families in Lima, and New Year’s was girl’s night in our apartment! Fireworks are the tradition at New Year’s here, and we stood on the balcony of our 10th floor apartment to enjoy the panoramic display. While a few weeks of holiday cheer were nice, I will say that I’m glad to be back at work, plugging away on accomplishing our vision for Tarma.
January is going to be a fairly calm month, full of planning, writing Bible studies and a visit from my boss. It will be a quick month. We are excited to start the second round of Bible studies in the various groups that we started in November. Our prayer is to do one 4-week study on How to study the Bible, and another 4-week study on the meaning of Easter. We are shooting to time it so that the second study will lead straight up to Holy Week in April – not unlike our Christmas Advent studies. For now my job is to study, study, study and hang out with our contacts in and around Tarma. I’m looking forward to spending more time at Chichos and continuing to develop relationships with the young women there. I’ll keep you all posted!

No comments: