Thursday, May 14, 2009

My new room. Yay!





Yesterday I "officially" moved into my new room! It is so nice to have my own space in the apartment after bunking in with Meredith for the past week. My room is small, it actually used to be the breakfast nook off of the kitchen, but when the girls moved in they added a little drywall and a door to make it a bedroom. So my door opens into the kitchen, which is great in the mornings! I get my own bathroom, but the downside is that it's the only one on the main floor. So that also makes it the guest bathroom whenever people are over, which in turn means that people have to go through my room to go to the bathroom. But all in all it's a pretty nice little space. Tomorrow Meredith and I are going to buy some plastic bins and shelving, because there is no storage space, and my closet is the size of a typical hall closet. I will enjoy the process of making this room my own, even in the midst of preparing to move to Tarma. Tomorrow I will also be looking for a bed that I will take with me to Tarma, and some other furniture that I will need up there. Apartments here do not come furnished, not even in the kitchen - no stove/oven, no microwave or refrigerator. So we will have to furnish everything from scratch. We will be returning to Tarma at the end of the month for another 4 day trip with ReachGlobal missionary Carol who has been church-planting in Venezuela for the past 20 years. Our hope is that we will be able to find an apartment during this trip so that we can move a little bit at a time, each time we make the trip to Tarma between now and July. Please keep this in your prayers.

1 comment:

Ashley Hoover said...

Like the new room Bethany!! So nice to have a place to settle into. Glad you're feeling better!