Tuesday, May 19, 2009

An encouraging day

Today was an encouraging day. I was able to sleep in (I still get tired a lot, I think mainly from all of the changes and transitions going on) until 10:00am and then use the morning to prepare for our EMT (Equipo Misional Tarma – Tarma Team) Meeting in a casual manner, meaning I stayed in my PJ’s for most of the day. Soña, our empleada (maid) came today to clean and do laundry so we chatted for a little while and Meredith cooked lunch for us all. At 4:30 today Meredith, Elsa and I went to the “office” to meet up with Julio for our team meeting. This Sunday we will be making the first of five presentations, one to each of the five churches in the ADIEL (the Evangelical Free Churches of Lima), to present our ministry and the financial need of Elsa and Julio. They are in the support raising process, and we are asking each church to partner with them. This is a big deal because this is the first time the ADIEL have been in a position to send their own as missionaries into their own country. Essentially, Meredith and I are partnering up with Elsa and Julio to do ministry in Tarma, but part of our job is also to develop and train these national missionaries to continue on in ministry. As we worked together to talk about the presentation, the vision of our ministry, my heart started beating faster and I was reminded of the passion I felt for our vision of ministry when I was raising my own support. Please be praying for Elsa and Julio during these next two months as we are working together to raise the funds needed to do ministry well.

No comments: