Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Pineapple juice, thunderstorms, Easter baskets and new vocabulary.

These are the things that my day has consisted of. I am struck by the many different kinds of juices I drink here, most of them fresh and homemade. My favorites are jugos de fresa, mora, y pina - or strawberry, blackberry and pineapple. Although I also drink mango, papaya, cas, watermelon, guava and passion fruit juices. Yum.

Today was hot and sunny all morning, then after lunch someone decided it was a better day for a thunderstorm. Crazy how quickly the weather can change here. Actually, I'm grateful for the rain because it has cooled things down considerably.

One of the best things about being in Costa Rica is getting mail and packages from home! Today I received my Easter Basket (of sorts) from mom and grandma! I am so not ready to be an adult who has to give up Easter Baskets and Christmas stockings, and May-Day baskets! Of course my fellow classmates where excited about my Easter basket as well, especially when I opened the big bag of Starburst Jelly Beans! They are half gone already, shame on me. This is the first Easter I will have spent away from home (like every other holiday this year I suppose), but I'm really thankful that being absent did not mean that candy would also be absent!

Today also consisted of learning Telephone Etiquette vocabulary. How valuable! This is so basic, yet it has never been taught to me before. I am grateful that my lenguaje teacher, Eugenia, is willing to take time to go over basic and daily vocabulary with us. Who cares if I can lead a bible study in Spanish if I can't answer the phone properly!

1 comment:

Sunny-D said...

Thanks for sharing your Starburst Jellybeans with me too! They were one of the high points of my day. Along with the rain and thunder! Que Ricos! Love ya girl