Monday, February 23, 2009

What's your idea of 'romantic'?

I'll tell you what my host parents' idea of romantic is . . . karaoke! That's right! When I arrived back at my house on Saturday night, after spending an evening with Cathi, Kerri and Anna Duggan (which involved, brownies, ice cream and Princess Diaries 2), I was greeted by melodic if somewhat off-pitch music. It was loud and clearly coming from the backyard, so I assumed that my host parents were having another one of their weekend parties with friends. They often host get-togethers with neighbors and friends to watch their telenovelas, but on this particular night when I peered through the kitchen window, I noticed that there was nobody to be seen. Thus I assumed the music was chosen and played by Josefa and Alfredo. After settling into my room, I really began to notice that the woman's voice on the CD sounded so much like Josefa, and after listening a bit longer, I decided that it couldn't have been any one else! Pretty soon, a man started singing (whom I assumed to be Alfredo), and from that point on the two passed the microphone back and forth. As a result, I had to conclude that yes indeed, Josefa and Alfredo were expressing their love by singing Karaoke to each other. How romantic.

Can anyone top that? I submit that they cannot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bethany,
We hope your week is going well. We want you to know that we miss you and are praying for you. Great videos!

J.A.C.S.L

Anonymous said...

Oh, I don't know Bethany, my dear husband got me a roto-tiller one year for Valentines Day-----now some women may not think that is romantic, but it was over-the-top for me!!!
It's the gift that keeps on giving, We love fresh salsa in the summer with homegrown tomatoes, peppers and onions!!
Glad to catch up with you. I think and pray for you often----
Lorri