Saturday, February 14, 2009

February the 14th




El dia de los amores,also known as Valentine's Day, is celebrated with great fervor here in Costa Rica. Also celebrated today is la amistad, or friendship, which is a refreshing twist to the holiday. Friends are encouraged to go out and celebrate as well as couples.

I on the other hand spent the day with these adorable faces. These are the children of my classmate Ronnie, and his wife Amanda. Together with their live-in nanny Abby (who is my age), they handle four children under the age of four: Mika, Ally, Mia and Ruthie. Since my Valentine's day plans were non-existent, I decided to go and help out Abbey for the day so that Ronnie could take his beautiful bride out on a date. We had so much fun building train tracks, reading books, going to the park and taking showers. The twins, Ally and Mia, were as cute as could be in matching pink outfits with pink shoes. It was also really nice to spend some girl time with Abby, since she spends quite a bit of her time with the kids.

Now I'm back at home enjoying a good bowl of cereal and a good book! Overall it has been a wonderful V-Day, and I hope you all enjoyed the same.

2 comments:

JEM said...

too cute! All those curls! We spent our Val's day making up our own Tyler/Joy board game- hopefully you can play it some time!

Berit said...

What's the book? Would I like it?