Friday, February 20, 2009

Psalm 73:25-28

This is the passage the Lord brought before me in a time of discouragement today:

"Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire
besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my
heart
and my portion forever.
Those who are far from you will perish;
you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.
But as for me, it is good to be near
God.
I have made the Sovereign Lord
my refuge;
I will tell of all your deeds.

This was encouragement for me. I hope and pray it will be an encouragement for you as well. God Bless.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Exodus 3:14 "God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"...this is my name forever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations."

This encouraged me last night and as I thought about it today. God is who he claims to be. period.

And thanks for blogging. I am realizing just how difficult it is to maintain too!

Anonymous said...

Bethany, Thanks so much for the updates on your Blog, it helps so much to reminded us to pray for you.
Mary