Monday, March 15, 2010

Go Team Go!







Well, we’ve gotten off to a great start with the Team from TBarM! What a great group of students! We are having so much fun with them here, and I am really enjoying having kids my age around. I even found out that four of the girls are Chi Omegas at Texas A&M!!! Awesome. Anyway, so far we’ve had some team orientation with the kids and today we went around visiting the schools we will be doing the sports camps at to advertise to the kids. We went to all four schools today so we are prepared for the week. Lunch was the ceviche, which was a first for most of the kids. It was fun to see the look on their faces when we handed them each plates of the raw fish cooked in lemon juice! We spend the afternoon in a province of Tarma about 40min outside the city doing a little camp with a bunch of kids who live up in the mountains. The trip took us up about 1,000 feet higher than Tarma, and on the way home our van sang everything from Beyonce to Spice Girls, to Disney to classic country. It really brought me back to my own short-term team days! Below I’m posting a couple of pictures and videos. I know it’s been forever since I’ve posted any videos, but I want to try to get a little better about it. One is of the TBarM kids playing Red Light, Green Light with the Peruvian kids, one is of a bunch of kids getting the biggest kick out of bubbles, and the other is of the kids trying ceviche for the first time. Enjoy! (Below are the links to the videos)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHsxLb_gokw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJHlFe8ljJs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrWbS8m7yZQ

No comments: