Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Bethany the "Tool-Girl" Kerr




So one of my goals since I’ve been back in Tarma (since Christmas), was to buy a small white board to hang in my room to help me with Spanish study. The idea was to put 10 new vocab. words on the board every week to keep me learning. It took me awhile to find a white board, and then once I found one it sat on the floor of my room for more than a week, just waiting to get hung. This morning I finally decided to buckle down and hang the darn thing, because if I didn’t do it now I probably never would. The problem with hanging things on walls here in Tarma is that it is not the simple process like it is in the States to just hammer a nail or tack into the wall. Since everything here is built out of cement, there is no way to hang anything without getting out the power drill. So here comes Bethany the “tool-girl” Kerr, whipping out a power drill, slapping on those safety goggles and drilling away. I was so pleased that the spot that I wanted to hang the white board didn’t have any beams or things in the way, and I was able to drill the hole; hammer in the wood post followed by the hanging nail and . . . tadaaaah! I hung that white board in less than 10 min! My dad would be so proud of me!

No comments: