Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Answered Prayers

When I was raising support one of the main things I prayed was that God would do immeasurable more than I asked or imagined. God answered that prayer and I was fully supported after 5 months of support meetings. Asking people for money, even for something ministry related, has never come easy to me, nor is it enjoyable. So I began to pray that God would work beyond my own inabilities and discomfort to bring in the money needed to bring to this place of ministry.
It occurred to me the other day that the power of this verse didn’t end when I reached my support goal. And I decided to continue to pray that God would do immeasurably more than I ask or imagine for this ministry. Yesterday I spent time in prayer before going to my English class, and I asked the Lord to give me opportunities to get to know my students outside of class, that I would have a chance to explain what I do and why I am here in Tarma, and that I would have opportunities to invite students into my home in order to spend time with them and share our ministry with them. After I was done praying, I packed up my lesson plans and went to class and taught my students the names of occupations and how to use these nouns with the verb ‘to be’. I am really enjoying teaching, something that rather surprised me. And I am very impressed by my student’s eagerness to learn. After the class was over, I realized that one of my students,( Junett, age 30) lives near me. So we walked home together, and she asked me what else I do besides teach English, and why I came to Tarma. She asked when we meet, and I was able to extend an invitation for her and her daughter to come to the house sometime.
When I got home I realized that the Lord had answered my prayers within two hours of praying them. I am overwhelmed by his grace and encouragement as I continue to do relationship building in a way that isn’t the most comfortable for me. He is working through my hesitation and inabilities so that the glory goes to Him. I am excited to have Junett and her daughter Grecia over to the house next week – I think we may bake cookies :) Please be praying for her and her daughter, that if they don’t already know Christ as their savior that the Spirit would open their hearts and ready them for the gospel. Pray as well for the rest of my students, that I would have opportunities to pursue them outside of class, and that they would be receptive to spending time with me.
Thank you so much for your continued support and encouragement.
God Bless.

No comments: