Friday, September 18, 2009

1,2,3 . . . Go!

That's how I feel like this week has played out. All of a sudden I have gone from no direct schedule to something stable every day. Starting this week I began a regular schedule of teaching 4 English classes and one English Bible study every week. I have begun teaching these English classes as a way to get to know more young people, establish more contacts, and to have a presence in one more "legitimate" business in Tarma. This first week of teaching was both an encouraging and an interesting experience, especially since I have had no formal training in teaching. But God gave me strength and peace about starting something new, and I am excited to continue. I have 10 students that range in age from 11 to 30, and I am praying for opportunities to get to know them better. I'm realizing that there is a danger involved with me teaching these classes, as it would be very easy for me to stray from our vision and purpose in Tarma as my focus shifts from teaching Bible and drawing people closer to Christ, to teaching English. I'm praying that God would have a very specific purpose for me as I involve myself in these classes. I am praying for opportunities to connect with these students on a level outside of English. I know it will take time, and for a while I may have to focus on the subject matter as I learn how to build trust with these students. Please be praying for me in this area, as I continue to learn each step, one at a time. God is good, and I am thankful to have a schedule again :)

No comments: