Friday, December 18, 2009

Back in Lima . . . again

Yesterday Elsa and I made the long bus trip back to Lima. The trip went fairly smoothly and with only a few delays. We arrived back to town hot and tired. It's still completely strange to me to be celebrating Christmas in beach weather! Today I am sitting at the Starbucks near our apartment in a tank top and drinking a Frappuccino. So strange. I know it’s a pain to drive in, and can be so uncomfortable, but it just doesn’t seem like Christmas without the cold and the snow! Anyway, Elsa and I made it back fine and spent the evening with our long lost 4th roommate, Raquel. It was hard to leave Raquel alone in the apartment when Meredith, Elsa and I moved to Tarma, but there weren’t really any other options there. We had a fun time together, and decided to go to the movies. This is a treat for Elsa and I since there is no movie theater in Tarma. The next two weeks are going to be a combination of vacation and work. Obviously being away from Tarma limits certain aspects of ministry, but there is still a lot of planning to be done in the coming weeks and months for our next move in bible studies. I’ve been praying a lot for clear direction from the Lord, and will be continuing to seek his will while in Lima. For now, I am cathing up on a lot of reading and enjoying the fact that I can spend an entire afternoon at a Starbucks  Oh the simple pleasures!

No comments: