Friday, November 20, 2009

Trains, planes and automobiles

In about two hours I will be hopping on a bus bound for Lima. It is a beautiful day in Tarma, and I hope, a perfect day to make the 6.5 hour bus ride. Tonight I will be spending time with my third roommate Raquel, that Meredith, Elsa and I left in Lima when we moved here to Tarma. She is a high school counselor and family therapist in Lima and has just finished writing her dissertation to receive the Peruvian equivalent to a Doctorate. It has been a few months since I’ve seen Raquel, so I am really looking forward to spending a few days with her.
Tomorrow will come with a long to-do list which includes: buying new children’s ministry material for Elsa (all of hers was lost in our house fire in Lima, and thanks to a few donations, we are going to replace what she had and then some!). I will also be looking for material myself that will help with my English classes and spending time with young women. Beyond that – it is grocery shopping, cleaning, and awaiting the arrival of . . . Jason! Excitement upon Excitement, Jason will be arriving at midnight Saturday to spend a week with me in Peru. This will be the third time I will have seen him this year, so of course I am completely thankful for the time off, and the opportunity to spend Thanksgiving with a familiar face. Our plans are to spend a few days in Lima, travel to Tarma, then we will spend the remainder of our time back in Lima. So, if you don’t hear anything from me in about a week or so - - this is why ;)
I hope you all have a most blessed Thanksgiving, safe travels, and that you all enjoy the pumpkin pie!!!

No comments: