Monday, November 9, 2009

Our First Visitors!


This past week my team and I were blessed to have some visitor from the mission come to visit us and see our ministry here in Tarma. This team consisted of five men who were a mix of experienced missionaries and international leaders with ReachGlobal, and their short stay in Tarma was both an encouragement and a blessing. This was the first time we've have visitors, and what joy we experienced in sharing the vision of our ministry with them. We were able to spend a day taking them around Tarma, and introducing them to many of our contacts, including a sit-down meeting with the mayor! We had team sessions with the group and learned a lot about working and living as a team.
This was a particularly encouraging week for me as I was given a lot of wisdom and truth that explained some of the difficulties I have been having here. Who knew that Culture Shock could hit six months in? I sure didn’t, so the counsel given to me by these men was need and appreciated. The visit of this team was well timed, and I’m thankful that God continues to be faithful to meet our needs here in Tarma.

1 comment:

JEM said...

Glad to hear that the guys were a blessing. Miss you.