Friday, July 24, 2009

So, funny story . . .

Yesterday was the second day with the Wichita team, and I have to say that they rocked our apartment, both in work and in fun. There was the perfect combination of hard work, dirty work, impressive dance skills, and multicultural joking going on in the mix of Peruvian and North American teammates. I was so impressed by a few individuals in their rendition of "Thriller" . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJHGBn6FfCs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K9G6Pm7AUg

We stopped for lunch at 1:00pm and went to a little restaurant called Guidos (they have delicious sandwich de pollo). We had been there for about 45min. when all of a sudden my chair gives way and I find myself on the floor. I'm not altogether sure what happened, but by this point the group of 20 Americans is causing this embarrassing moment to gain attention from the rest of the restaurant. As I stand up I realize that one of the chair legs is completely detached from the chair, and since the chair is made of metal, I felt slightly reassured that the cause of the break was not my fault. Cesar (the Peruvian pastor) then proceeds to loudly ask how much I had eaten for lunch, joking that my weight was the culprit. We all laughed, and I chuckled along as a waitress brought over a new chair for me. But the funniest part of the experience was when a random Peruvian woman looks over from across the restaurant and says in English, "Don't worry, it's not your fault. You skinny!" Oh so funny. A giant table of 20 North American, and it would happen to me :)

1 comment:

rawson.jenny said...

Ha! That's so funny. Oh how I love you. :)

jen