Sunday, January 23, 2011

When all is said and all is done

After approximately 750 away from home, I have made it to my final day in Peru. What a strange feeling to be at the end of this big adventure and to be saying goodbye to everyone I have come to appreciate here. This past week in Lima has been filled with lunches and dinners with friends, birthday parties and sightseeing. My roommates wanted to take me to the Park of Magical Waters – or a huge part with huge fountains, and I won’t lie it was impressive. We made stops throughout the week at my favorite restaurants and I’ve tried to make it through all of my favorite Peruvian dishes. Friday night I had my second going-away party, but this time it was just with the ADIEL pastors and their families. It was a lovely night of delicious desserts, laughter and good conversation. The pastors took time to pray over me, thanking God for my time here in Peru and praying over the new season of life that I will soon be entering. We joked, played games, said our goodbyes and that was that.

This morning I went to my last church service at La Vina del Senor, and after enjoyed a nice lunch out with my roommates. It’s a gray day in Lima and while I am tired from swimming in details and coordinating lunches and dinners and birthday parties, I’m very content with this last week in Peru.
For now my bags are packed (mostly) and my goodbyes said (almost) and now I just have one more evening ahead of me. How will I be spending my final hours you ask? I’m going to the Peruvian Circus! My roommate Elly is taking me to a Peru-style Cirque du Solei show in downtown Lima. Not a bad way to end the day! The show is called something I can’t pronounce and is based on Peruvian culture and history. Elly and I will be going alone as Meredith and Raquel are on their way to Chincha to help with a medical missions team from the states that is helping out one of the ADIEL churches here. So tonight it is just the two of us. Well I’ve only got about an hour to finish up my packing and get myself down to the circus tent, and then I’ll finally get to start the long trip home. Tomorrow morning a taxi is coming to pick me up at 4:00am to take me to the airport. My flight leaves at 7:00 and will take me to Miami, where I will go through customs, and then on to Dallas. Oh joy for international travel. I would love prayer as I travel tomorrow, that there will be no trouble checking my bags, or that they simply won’t get lost, that there won’t be trouble going through customs and that I will have a save flight. I’m so excited to be seeing you all soon. (and sorry about the lack of pictures recently, out internet in Lima has been a little funky. I'll post some pics once I get back state side)

12 comments:

Dazer said...

nice blog!

http://bettingonlinee.blogspot.com/

Marivan said...

Passando para fazer uma visita e ser um seguidor do seu blog.
Gostaria de ser seu amigo.
Pode acompanhar as minhas notícias e se tornar membro do meu blog no:
http://radiopentecostal.blogspot.com/

Qualquer coisa estamos por aí.
Marivan.

comic said...

very nice..

iwritewhatisaw II said...

Hi. Just created my blog few minutes ago and nice blog!!

As my blog says, I write what I saw..on the streets, while shoping, etc.. mind checking me out.Oh! no post yet..

http://iwritewhatisaw2.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

we like you blog! and invite you to participate at Secrets Human Graphic Project
http://secrethumangrafic.blogspot.com

Inspector Clouseau said...

Peru is fascinating.


Nice blog work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.

liyah said...

hahahaa your blog is AWESOME! mybe you can stop by mind sometime? i donbt have a lot of fans or vistors

Anonymous said...

POLO L-Sleeved Shirt For Men on when the flowered shirt certainly must avoid raising the quantity the POLO Shirts For Men., before others will think that you will be a southern coastal provinces guest, now has the possibility to think that this will be the young nouveau riche who will set up a stall does business. Certainly, looked at these many rules, you internal outside, high and low clothing's matching has not grasped as before, that tightens records one: Regardless of the white shirts matches anything to be appropriate long sleeve for women.
A white shirts cannot change the black magic, but with the different color POLO Sweaters For Men supplement, will have the rich change. The white shirts may treat as the uniform, puts on appears has the masculinity very much, both heroic and sex appeal. The white shirts may also be a dance suit, even may treat as the coat to put on, how to put on is decided completely by yours individual personal status and the style polo shirt.
The white shirts adds the black tie, ash trousers in this case then may apply. Such three put on the law, one kind of very free office worker felt for the Polo for women polo, does not need to trade the color daily, simple has the personal status, is office worker's best matching POLO T-Shirts For Men.

World Famous said...

Great blog.
Thanks for sharing Exam Papers

rulee said...

To keep warm Cheap Snapback Hats. In order to cold, people have put on thick warm winter clothing and shoes, but many people no hat habit. Little imagine, head of the human body is also a need to keep warm. Besides, most of the old hair be scarce (easy heat), more need a hat to keep warm. Winter hat material, can be the wool, wool, or the clothes down even, anyway,Red Bull Hats quality of a material to thicker, heat preservation effect is good.

FREE SPY PHONE said...

personal-injury-lawyer

auto-insurance

free movies

Free Mobile Spy

Free ipad 3

Gerardo Espinoza said...

Estuve navegando por internet, revisando mi blog personal y me topé con este tu blog, me puse a leer este post y entendí un poquito, no sé mucho de inglés. Estás lejos del Perú y espero te vaya todo lo mejor posible, sólo pasé a saludar. :3