Friday, June 25, 2010

Final Friday





Well the week is almost over and it has indeed been a full week of gospel sharing, workshop giving, translating and mountain climbing! The team has been going non-stop and of course that means that my team has been going non-stop along with them, which is why I am just now able to update the old blog. Today is the final Friday of ministry with the team here in Tarma. We will be going to one more school to share workshops and the gospel, and then tonight will be our farewell event at Chichos, for all of the kids we have met during the week.
Something neat that occurred due to our presence at so many schools in town is that we met a girl who will be having her QuinciƱera tonight immediately after our closing even in Chichos, so she invited the whole team! How neat that the group will be able to experience one of the typical cultural aspects of Peru, the all-important quinciƱera, the “right-of-passage” of sorts from girlhood to womanhood. It should be a lot of fun.
Also this week has been full of Emily time, and I was also blessed to meet her incredible boyfriend Travis, who came along with the team. They have both spent the week encouraging me, making me laugh, uplifting me spiritually and just being wonderful friends. The highlight of the week for me was yesterday morning when Travis, Emily and I got up early to climb the mountain behind my house. It took us two hours to get up to the peak and make it back down, but the view was absolutely breathtaking. I’m so thankful to have had time to spend with this couple and be reminded of what it feels like to have friends around :)

No comments: